Rambo: Last Blood is coming into the cinemas on 20 September 2019. The 5th sequel will see Sylvester Stallone rock the headband once more as the troubled war veteran John Rambo.
Sylvester Stallone is bringing back one of the most popular action icons of all time this fall when Rambo: Last Blood hits theaters. Stallone 73 years old, but he still has plenty left in the tank to take on the demanding role.
Last Blood is set to be Sylvester’s final Rambo movie a franchise that has spanned five films and grossed more than $750 million at the worldwide box office. Unlike the other Rambo films, this one is going to take place in the USA and Mexico and will see Sly’s character who now suffers from severe Post Traumatic Stress Disorder living in Arizona on a ranch.
The Rambo franchise began back in 1982 with a small film called First Blood. Since then, the franchise has spawned four sequels plus a weird and appalling cartoon called Rambo: The Force of Freedom and has gone on to become one of Stallone’s signature roles. Rambo: Last Blood is the first movie in over a decade from the franchise, as we last saw the character in 2008’s Rambo.
The actor Sylvester Stallone who will be 73 when the film hits cinemas later this year has written the 5th installment with Matt Cirulnick Stallone has had a hand in every script in the series.
It will see the aging action hero head to Mexico to track down a young girl who was kidnapped, before becoming entwined in a battle with a drug cartel.
Rambo: Last Blood Cast
- Sylvester Stallone as John J. Rambo: A Green Beret and Vietnam War veteran who journeys to Mexico to rescue a friend’s daughter from a Mexican cartel.
- Paz Vega as Carmen Delgado: A reporter covering the drug trade in Mexico. She aids Rambo after her younger half-sister is kidnapped by a Mexican cartel.
- Sergio Peris-Mencheta as Hugo Martinez: Leader of a Mexican cartel who is known for his violent personality.
- Adriana Barraza as Maria Beltran: She has been described as someone who is “like a sister” to Rambo and has worked on Rambo’s father’s farm all her life.
- Yvette Monreal as Gabrielle: A young girl kidnapped by a Mexican cartel, and Rambo’s Niece.
- Genie Kim aka Yenah Han
- Joaquín Cosío
- Óscar Jaenada as Victor Martinez
- Louis Mandylor as Sheriff
- Sheila Shah as Alejandra
- Díana Bermudez as Juanita
- Jessica Madsen
- Dimitri Vegas
Rambo: Last Blood Trailer:
The previous Rambo 5: Last Blood trailer arrived back in May. The clip depicts Rambo as a haunted man making new enemies and ghosts when one of Mexico’s most violent cartels kidnap the daughter of his caretaker Maria for a sex trafficking ring. Rambo teams up with a journalist to track down and rescue a group of local girls that have been kidnapped by a Mexican sex trafficking ring, after trying to settle down to a quiet peaceful life stateside at the family ranch in Arizona after spending decades abroad according to the film’s official synopsis. Now Rambo must confront his past and unearth his ruthless combat skills to exact revenge in a final mission. A deadly journey of vengeance.
It’s rather interesting that Stallone opted not to direct. 2008’s Rambo was a pleasant surprise and proved, once again, that age doesn’t seem to be much of an obstacle for Stallone to step into his iconic roles. Then again, that was a decade ago.